is a online community where you can ask questions and receive answers about Sexually Transmitted Diseases.
+1 vote
asked in NGU by

1 Answer

0 votes

Yes. If you have been told that you have NGU, talk to your partner(s), and let them know so they can be tested and treated. The most common cause of NGU is chlamydia, and it is easy to pass from an infected partner to one who is not infected. A man who is diagnosed with NGU should tell his female sex partner(s) and ask her to get tested. He can prevent serious damage to her body by telling her right away. All sex partners of someone diagnosed with NGU should be treated because:

  • They may have an infection and not know it. 
  • It keeps them from passing the infection to others. 
  • It prevents them from suffering possible medical complications.

Remember: Do not have sex until your partner(s) have been tested and treated.

answered by